This spring and early summer has provided us amazing riding conditions and hope this message finds you with solid riding calluses on your hands, and lungs and muscles ready for long adventures in the saddle for the rest of the season. Time always seems to slip by quickly, but it’s important to look back at what we’ve (the BRMBC with you of course) accomplished as well as give a preview of what’s to come. Some highlights:
In the books:
· First trail day at Midlands followed by spring membership meeting at Smuggs Highland Lodge. Brand new loops finalized in the Midlands zone and great discussion at the spring meeting.
· Two Valley trail days where we cleaned all existing trail, buffed out sections in all zones, built a new, more sustainable connector to West Hill, and nearly completed a new uphill (downhill coming soon…) at Schneider’s.
In the works and to come:
· Experienced and skilled trail builder hired to hand build final inner loop at Midlands. Thanks all members and VMBA for the multiple trail grants to make this possible!
· Final Valley trail day set for August 7th. Look for tuning up zones for Tour de Valley and continuing new trail at Schneider’s. Mark your calendar. Hope to see you there.
· Speaking of new trail at Schneider’s: we’ve left tools at the top. If you are riding up that way, consider taking the new trail till it ends and adding a few more feet to it, then rip back down and connect back onto the rest of the downhill. Any and all help is appreciated!
· August 20th: 11th annual Tour de Valley! Look for registration in July.
· September 18th: Landowner appreciation day
· At the state level – VMBA Fest at Sugarbush is July 22-24. Always a great time and new venue this year to get you out riding some zones you may not explore otherwise. Check it out.
Thanks to all who have donated time, money or sweat to maintaining and expanding our trail networks. Hope to see familiar faces as well as some new ones at future trail days and events.