As we all come out of hibernation (and thankfully a better ski year than last), here are a few updates from your BRMBC board about happenings in the next few months and throughout the year.
Save the Dates:
Mark your calendars, we’ve already set dates for all events in 2017 to help you plan:
- Sunday April 23rd: Midlands Trail Day
- Sunday April 30th: Spring Meeting AND 1st ever BRMBC & Bootlegger Bikes Tour de Gravel. Keep reading for more info
- Sunday May 21st: Valley Trail Day #1
- Sunday June 11th: Valley Trail Day #2
- Sunday August 6th: Valley Trail Day #3
- Saturday August 19th: 12th Annual Tour de Valley
- Sunday September 24th: Landowner Appreciation Day
Spring Meeting and Tour de Gravel:
We are trying something new this year. The Tisberts at Valley Dream Farm have graciously agreed to host our annual spring meeting. Valley Dream Farm has long been the #1 access point to the Valley Trails and we are very happy to keep it local for our spring meeting AND…. Valley Dream Farm will act as the starting point for the first ever BRMBC & Bootlegger Bikes Tour de Gravel. Join us for a fun ~22mile dirt (ok, mud) road ride followed by food and beverages back at the Farm. Get an update from the Board, sign up for a farm share, get the legs spinning early in the season, then hang out with friends afterward. Event is FREE for BRMBC members, small fee for those who are not. Additional details about registration to follow.
2017 Trail Objectives:
Stellar trail is what its all about, and we have a few additions and improvements planned this year. Of course, none happens without your help – virtually 100% of BRMBC trail is built and maintained with volunteer labor – something that is exceeding rare in the state. We all should be proud of thousands of hours spent developing our great network. So what’s in the works for 2017? The main new trail addition will be another loop at the top of Schneider’s to extend the downhill even further and to get the trail to the top of the hill (it does exist). We also plan to finalize the inner loop at the Midlands Zone. There are various areas that need tune ups – not glorious work, but still important to keep the trails in top shape and fun to ride. Stay tuned for further plans as we get a few other projects out of the conceptual stage and into rogue hoes in the dirt.
Random Updates and Reminders:
- “Policy” reminder: No dogs allowed at Valley Dream Farm, trails on Farm property, or fields between Valley Dream Farm and West Hill zone, sorry. Thanks for abiding by this, may not be what you want, but please play by the rules so we maintain access.
- We still have BRMBC jerseys for sale! Click on over to www.brmbc.org. Website displays accurate inventory so if you can add it to your cart, we have it in stock (hooray technology!)
Enjoy the beginnings of Spring, hope to see you all out on the trails soon.